Short Programs for Professional Association Meetings or Webinars
Busy facilitators, trainers, and designers need practical, easy-to-use techniques that you can use before, during, and after training to increase on-the-job application and ROI for the skills you teach. This session provides the latest research on training transfer - what works and what doesn't. You will then experience and receive instructions for low-cost techniques you can begin using immediately with your own training, for any topic or means of delivery. Each technique can be used easily before, during, or after new or existing courses.
Two options are available for your professional association meeting or webinar:
1) Make Training Stick® includes information, tips, and techniques for ALL training methods: face-to-face, blended, live virtual (webinar) and e-learning.
2) Make E-Learning Stick™ includes information, tips, and techniques for e-learning with adaptations for live virtual classes.
Both workshops address the same learning objectives (see below) but the content is entirely different. However, either workshop can be adapted for a mixed audience. Choose the title that will be most appealing to the majority of your members.
At the conclusion of the presentation, participants will be able to:
• Identify key obstacles that often interfere with effective transfer
• Describe key components of the training transfer process
• Learn at least 7-10 Techniques To Integrate Education (TIEs) to increase training transfer
Note: Barbara can have copies of her best-selling book, Making Learning Stick, and the classics:Making Training Stick and Making Training Stick: A Training Transfer Field Guide available for autograph the day of the presentation. These can also be purchased online. And, coming soon from ASTD Press: Making E-Learning Stick